If you want to take steps to claim or defend a claim for owing or unpaid monies, we can protect and guide you through this process.
If you want to take steps to claim or defend a claim for owing or unpaid monies, we can protect and guide you through this process. Preferring to settle where possible and financially beneficial.
Disputes & Debt Recovery services we provide include:
– Preventative maintenance in reviewing your business contracts and standard terms & conditions;
– Sending pre litigation letters of demand, bringing a claim to a head;
– Organising mediation and before litigation dispute resolution;
– Starting legal action in NCAT, Local Court, District Court or the Supreme Court;
– Finding ways to end ongoing disputes quickly and cost effectively;
– Drafting terms of settlement; and
– Seizing documents or monies.
“Family law conflicts are very difficult to negotiate both personally and to the non-lawyer confronted by the confusing legal system. Having previously had a very bad experience, we felt supported and properly advised in our journey through the family law system and continue to be most grateful to Kate and to Nic for providing us with state of the art professional and personal advice.”
Common Disputes & Debt Recovery Questions
Dispute resolution focuses on the current dispute or default, and aims at fixing the problem dispute as soon as possible. The resolution process usually escalates from inexpensive to complicated and costly: from party-to-party talks, through some form of mediation and finally to Court.
A well written contract, deals with finishing the agreement with a smooth exit and/or handover of services. The sudden termination by one party, often because of a breach or cash-flow problems, may be quite dramatic, because of the loss of a supply or service. The lesson here is to be prepared and draft the contract in anticipation of the unexpected.